Friday 12 October 2012

"A Horse's Poem" Plunder

Somewhere, somewhere
In time’s own space
There must be some sweet pastured place
Where creeks sing on and tall trees grow
Some Paradise where horses go.
For by the love that guides my pen
I know great horses live again.
-Stanley Harrison

http://www.equinespiritsanctuary.org/Articles.html



Time.
Sweet.
Creeks, trees.
Paradise.
Love.
...Horses.

"A Horse's Poem" plunder by Erin O'Rielly

I chose this poem because it is my absolute favorite poem. I know my plunder may seem meaningless but to me it's exactly the opposite. All of these words describe different feelings or moments I've had while spending time with my horse.

For example:

Time - All of the best time in my life is spent with my horse.
Sweet - My horse is the absolute sweetest, and spending time with him is always sweet.
Creeks, trees - One of my favorite things to do with him is trail ride and we see so many creeks and trees.
Paradise - Around him is my own personal paradise.
Love - I have an unbelievable amount of love for him, and the way he can fix any bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment