Thursday 22 November 2012

Toms

            A little less than a year ago I first heard of a new product being released called "Toms". At first, I was very confused because I had no idea what they were. I mean, when you hear someone refer to something as Toms, shoes aren't exactly what first comes to mind.
            However after doing some research, I realized that these shoes aren't just for retail gain, but also for a much more important cause. For every pair of shoes bought, the makers of Toms donate a pair to a person in a third world country who can't afford to buy their own. I feel that this is such an amazing idea, as it not only encourages people to invest in them, but also provides the less fortunate with something that we take for granted every day. In learning about this, I immediately went to their website and ordered a pair for myself.
            After a reasonable amount of time, my Toms arrived in the mail. I was pleased to learn that they were not only extremely stylish, but also one of the comfiest pairs of shoes I had ever put on my feet. For the very reasonable price of fifty dollars, I received my new favorite pair of shoes and felt great that because of me, somewhere in the world someone else was also receiving a pair they would never be able to afford.
            For the entire summer my Toms lived on my feet. I wore them to the beach, to the mall, and everywhere else I went. After much wear, I only have two complaints. The first being that they stretched out so that after a little while they became too big for me. This would have been nice to know when I was ordering them so I could have bought them a half size smaller, but it was not noted on the website. The second being that after just a few months they began to tear. The material, although it was very comfy, didn't hold up as well as I would have liked. The pair that I ordered back in April are now no longer wearable.
            All in all, I would definitely recommend these shoes to anyone that asked. The benefits without a doubt outweigh the few minor set backs I experienced. As upset that I was that my first pair wore out, I did not hesitate in purchasing a second - and that itself speaks volumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment